Adopt a Route Home Meal Delivery Program
- Employees volunteer once a month or on a custom schedule depending on the team size.
- Meals are delivered during the employees’ lunch break with a co-worker or individually.
- Because no one employee is out of the office for more than 1 ½ hours a month, this allows for great corporate social responsibility.
Benefits to the Employer:
- Builds employee morale and promotes team building.
- Allows busy people the ability to give back to the community without taking away time from their evenings or week-ends.
- Companies are recognized for their partnership with Meals on Wheels, Etc.
What employees of companies that are currently delivering meals are saying about the experience:
“On behalf of myself and my staff, we want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to deliver meals. We enjoy seeing the smiling faces every Tuesday when we arrive with a meal in our hand. They are the sweetest people and we enjoy our conversation with them. I think we really touch their hearts but what they may not realize, they really touch ours also.”
April Goodson, Seacost Bank,
For information on how to become a Workplace Volunteer Team, contact Marci Carter at (407) 333-8877, ext. 103 or email@example.com
There are also opportunities for civic groups to deliver meals which can follow the general guidelines of the Workplace Volunteer Team.