The mission of Meals on Wheels, Etc. is to enhance the quality of life for young and old by providing appetizing, nutritious meals as well as support services for seniors which enable them to maintain their independence and dignity.Mission Statement
Meals on Wheels, Etc. began providing home-delivered meals and transportation service in 1973 to seniors of Seminole County. Since that time, we have added many additional services that help meet the growing needs of vulnerable seniors in our area. We offer a number of vital programs that help them remain in their own homes and local communities so they can continue to live their lives with as much independence as possible.
Currently, we are serving meals to more than 500 seniors a day who are unable to prepare their own meals. Yet, there are still hundreds of needy seniors who need our help.
Did You Know …
- Hundreds of seniors in Seminole County are on a waiting list for services.
- Residents ages 85+ are the fastest growing population in Seminole County.
- The average age of a Meals on Wheels, Etc. client is 80.
- Almost 10 million seniors (1 in 6) face the threat of hunger today, an 80% increase since 2001.
- 99% of seniors receiving Home-Delivered Meals report that this service helps them to live independently and maintain a healthy diet.
- Seniors Served vs Need 50%
- Delivery Volunteers vs Needed 75%